David S. Lynch, CFA
Managing Partner, Deputy Chief Investment Officer
David oversees all of Athena’s investment management and business functions, with particular focus on integrating strategy across asset classes, prioritizing research initiatives, and addressing client-specific requests. As a member of the Investment Committee, he helps guide Athena’s asset allocation, manager selection and portfolio construction processes. David has been a key contributor to Athena’s business leadership and growth since joining the firm in 2004.
David’s extensive capital markets background provides a unique perspective and insight on global investing. Prior to Athena, he was the Portfolio Manager for emerging markets fixed income at Colorado PERA, the $40+ billion state pension fund. During his time at PERA, David also covered various industries for the high yield and investment-grade corporate debt portfolios. Prior to PERA, David worked at Eaton Vance Management in Boston as a member of the research and trading team for the strategic income and government obligation funds that included global bonds, mortgage-backed securities, currencies, and derivatives. David began his career as an economist, covering the global electronics industry for Cahners Economics.
- Master of Business Administration from the F.W. Olin School of Business at Babson College
- Bachelor of Arts in Economics from Dartmouth College
ACHIEVEMENTS AND POSTS
- Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) Charterholder
- Member, Boston Economic Club
- Member, CFA Society of Boston
- Member, CFA Society of Colorado
- Co-author - Social Finance and the Postmodern Portfolio: Theory & Practice, Journal of Wealth Management (Spring 2016)