Lisette Cooper, PhD
Managing Partner, Chief Investment Officer
Lisette founded Athena in 1993. Today, she serves as Chief Investment Officer and Managing Partner. In these roles, she sets the firm’s overall direction and leads the Investment Committee.
Prior to founding Athena, Lisette served as Manager of Consulting Services for Barra Inc., now MSCI Barra. She and her team specialized in modeling risk and developing investment solutions for institutional investors. She spent five years as a Senior Strategist at Merrill Lynch, where she analyzed, designed, and marketed innovative securities to money managers, banks, and pension funds. Lisette also has extensive experience in the hedge fund industry.
- PhD from Harvard University
- Bachelor's Degree from Wesleyan University
ACHIEVEMENTS AND POSTS
- Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) Charterholder
- Co-authored patent titled “Deriving a Probability Distribution of a Value of an Asset at a Future Time.”
- Co-author - Social Finance and the Postmodern Portfolio: Theory & Practice, Journal of Wealth Management (Spring 2016)
- Founding Member, Chairman’s Council of the Institute for the Fiduciary Standard
- Expert in Residence, Harvard Innovation Lab
- Alumni Council Member, Harvard Graduate School of Arts and Sciences
- Board Member, Boston Youth Sanctuary
- Member of the Board of Trustees, The Garrison Institute