Jeremy Evnine, PhD*
Senior Advisor, Quantitative Research
Jeremy provides guidance to the Athena team in the areas of quantitative research and risk management. He is currently CEO of Evnine & Associates, Inc., a consulting and Investment Advisory firm engaged in quantitative strategies since 1992.
From 1991 to 2003, Jeremy was also a partner in Iris Financial Engineering and Systems, a financial software firm specializing in providing high-end trading and risk systems to top-tier investment banks. He sold his interest in Iris in 2003. Jeremy was Senior Vice President in charge of research at WFIA (subsequently Barclays Global Investors, now BlackRock) from 1984-1990. In this capacity, he worked with such people as Fischer Black and Myron Scholes, Bill Sharpe, and Michael Brennan and Eduardo Schwartz. From 1980-1984, Jeremy was a consultant at Barra, where he developed the firm’s options products.
- PhD in Operations Research and Finance from University of California, Berkeley
- Master of Science in Pure Mathematics from Hebrew University of Jerusalem
- Bachelor of Science in Mathematics from Manchester University, England
ACHIEVEMENTS AND POSTS
- Taught courses in finance at U.C. Berkeley
- Lectured in the United States and abroad
- Trustee, San Jose Police and Fire Pension Fund
- Published articles in financial literature on option pricing and tactical asset allocation
- Co-author – Choosing the Right Asset Mix: Guidance for Individuals with New Wealth, June 2019
- Co-author – Social Finance and the Postmodern Portfolio: Theory & Practice, Journal of Wealth Management, Spring 2016
* Independent contractor and not an employee of Athena Capital Advisors