Managing Director, Research
As Managing Director, Kate focuses on private equity and private real estate investments and is co-head of Athena’s research and manager selection team.
Kate previously worked as a Consulting Associate at Cambridge Associates where she supported consultants in managing, advising on, and reporting on a variety of institutional clients’ investment portfolios. Kate started her career as a Research Analyst at Stonebridge Associates, a real estate investment and advisory firm, and then transitioned to economic consulting with both Capital Economics and LECG, where she was an Economist/Consultant providing economic analysis and market research to support high-profile anti-trust litigation. She has also interned in the global equity research group at Fiduciary Trust.
- Master of Business Administration from Yale School of Management
- Bachelor of Arts in Economics from University of Virginia
ACHIEVEMENTS AND POSTS
- Co-author – Diversity and Inclusion Framework, December 2019
- Co-author – Investing in Gender Equality, January 2018
- Co-author – Impact Investing: History & Opportunity, January 2017
- Co-author – Social Finance and the Postmodern Portfolio: Theory & Practice, Journal of Wealth Management, Spring 2016
- Currently holds the Series 65 license
- Member, Board of Trustees, Becket-Chimney Corners YMCA
- Supports the National MS Society and the Nantucket Conservation Foundation
- Advisor, Athena Cares Committee, Athena’s community outreach program