Leonard Lewin, JD
Managing Partner, Vice Chairman
Len serves as Managing Partner and Vice Chairman. In this role, Len is actively involved in client matters and helps oversee compliance initiatives.
Len has over 40 years of experience as a practicing attorney. Prior to joining Athena, he was the Chairman and Managing Partner of the law firm Gadsby Hannah LLP, and was instrumental in merging the firm with McCarter English, where he also served on the combined firms’ Executive Committee. He previously served as Chief Legal Counsel to Massachusetts Governors Paul Cellucci and Jane Swift, and taught for over 25 years at his alma mater Suffolk University Law School.
- Juris Doctor from Suffolk University Law School, cum laude
- Bachelor's Degree
ACHIEVEMENTS AND POSTS
- Former Chairman of the Judicial Nominating Council for the Commonwealth of Massachusetts:
- Massachusetts Lawyers Weekly – Top Ten Lawyers of 2001
- ‘Lawyer of the Year 2004’ – Massachusetts Inns of Court
- Boston Magazine: Massachusetts Super Lawyer - 2005 and 2006
- Boston Magazine: New England Super Lawyer - 2007 and 2008
- Recognized as one of Massachusetts Lawyers Weekly’s “2012 Leaders in the Law”
- Listed in the 2006 edition of “Best Lawyers in America”