Michael Lear, CFA, CIMA, CAIA
Vice President, Portfolio Management
Michael is a senior member of the Portfolio Management Team, responsible for delivering investment advisory services including asset allocation, portfolio construction and other portfolio management-related services. In addition, Michael helps oversee the firm’s New York office. Michael advises clients on the subject of impact investing and has provided an asset allocator’s perspective on impact investing for panel discussions in the both US and abroad. Michael has been a frequent contributor to CNBC Closing Bell and Power Lunch.
Michael came to Athena from MetLife Investment Strategies Group where he worked as a portfolio advisor. Prior to that Michael worked as a portfolio manager at Carruth Associates managing assets for an investment division of the single-family office. He also spent eight years as a portfolio manager at State Street Global Advisors. In his time at SSgA, he worked on the Multi Asset Class Solutions team focusing on exposure management and portable alpha, as well as in the Investor Solutions Group where he focused on tax efficient solutions for high net worth clients.
- Master of Science in Investment Management from Boston University
- Bachelor of Science in Marketing from Boston College
ACHIEVEMENTS AND POSTS
- Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) Charterholder
- Certified Investment Management Analyst (CIMA)
- Chartered Alternative Investment Analyst (CAIA)
- Member, Investment Management Consultants Association
- Member, New York Security Analyst Society