Jeff Finkelman, CFA
Vice President, Impact Investments
Jeff is the vice president of Athena’s impact investments team and focuses on socially-responsible, ESG and impact investing across asset classes.
Prior to joining Athena, Jeff was an Investment Officer with the Office of Investment and Innovation at the U.S. Small Business Administration. Jeff’s primary responsibility involved reviewing and completing due diligence on private equity funds for the Small Business Investment Company (SBIC) program, a public-private investment fund. During his time in government, Jeff also helped draft the investment policy governing SBA’s Impact Investment Fund and spent six months as a Presidential Management Fellow with the Office of African Nations at the U.S. Department of Treasury. Previously, Jeff served as a United States Peace Corps Volunteer in Togo, West Africa.
- Master of Arts in International Finance and Development from Johns Hopkins School of Advanced International Studies
- Bachelor of Arts in International Relations from Tufts University
ACHIEVEMENTS AND POSTS
- Co-author – Investing in Gender Equality, January 2018
- Author – Building Impact Portfolios, April 2017
- Co-author – Impact Investing: History & Opportunity, January 2017
- Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) Charterholder
- Member, CFA Society Boston
- Co-author - Social Finance and the Postmodern Portfolio: Theory & Practice, Journal of Wealth Management (Spring 2016)